Monday, November 23, 2015

Intrepid Thread Challenge and a Store Update

A little while ago I signed up for The Intrepid Thread Challenge (#intrepidthreadchallenge on Instagram). The deal was that the first so many folks to sign up would receive a mini charm pack of Modern Backgrounds - Paper plus a fat eighth and a fat quarter of two other prints. Below is what I received.


We were to make anything we wanted using the above and post it to Instagram, tagged appropriately, before the deadline, which I think is December 31st. I decided that with my new venture I needed to have this done by Thanksgiving. I've already posted my finish to Instagram (I'm Alamosa Quilter there too if you'd like to follow me), but thought I should share it here too.

I made a notebook cover using my tutorial.

The Front

The Back
Inside Front Cover
I really like making these notebook covers. In this digital age I do a lot of things on a computer or tablet but there is something about the physical act of writing something down. I seem to remember things better if I write it down as opposed to typing it up.

I have a reminder app that works on my laptop and iPad. I have found it helpful to have a reminder pop up on my devices for certain things, but I also make old-fashioned, hand-written lists. I'm trying out a technique where you put three things on your to-do list for the day. My daily to-do list is hand-written. My plan for this notebook is to make it my daily to-do list book.

Store Update:

The floor is now all one color.


Click here to see what it looked like before.

I also have the start of a website. The address is AlamosaQuiltCompany.com. I finally got it completed enough to be published, but there is still work to do on it. At this time I do not plan to have an online store. The website is mainly for information about store happenings - classes and sales and such.




4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your challenge book cover looks great. Love your new site and all the pictures of your progress. Great pictures. Keep all of us who can't be there posted on how you are doing! Best of luck!

Mama Pea said...

Wow. I totally missed that challenge from the Intrepid Thread. How is that possible? Love what you did!!! It's terrific.

I did NOT know you were in IG! So am I! I'll go follow you. Maybe I can keep up with you more now!

Julie said...

Best of luck in your shop venture. Thanks for taking the challenge :)

Megan said...

I like how you just used a colored square here and there on the outside of the color. I think that works really well.