Monday, August 15, 2016

Hey Dot Bag

I've been looking forward to getting the newest Zen Chic fabric line in my shop.


It arrived last week! I promptly picked up a charm pack and a half yard of one of the prints to make myself a new bag.


I took it outside to photograph it and my "helper" showed up to inspect my work.


She wondered if it would make a nice cat bed?


Not really.


But she did approve it for human use. 

The pattern is a simple, basic bag. I used the Moda Bake Shop tutorial, Charming Handbag. I've made several of these bags. For this one I used Soft and Stable for the batting. The lining is completely interfaced as are the handles. I used invisible sew-in magnetic snaps for the top closure. If you look closely in the second photo above you can see the square on the lining where I sewed them to the wrong side of the lining. These have become my favorite magnetic snaps to use for bags.


No comments: