Monday, November 29, 2021

Flannel Plaid Star Quilt :: A Finish

 I received a bunch of new plaid flannels recently, Scrappenstance designed by Kim Deihl. They are so pretty that I felt I just had to design something using this collection. Here it is, Flannel Plaid Star.

Flannel Plaid Star Quilt

The quilt finishes at 64" by 80". We made up a few kits if you want to make one too. The kits are $99.99 and include all the fabric for the front plus the binding and the pattern. Backing fabric is NOT included but you will need 4 yards of regular width fabric or 2 yards of wide back.

Flannel Plaid Star Kits

Originally I picked another one of the plaids from the collection for the backing, but then I saw this bolt of "animal portraits" I have from another collection. The animals were spaced out almost perfectly to fit on the back so I changed my mind and used it instead. My long arm quilter did a great job of getting the backing design centered.

Flannel Plaid Star Back

This is the first completely flannel quilt I have made in a while. It is really warm! I had to keep moving it off of me as I was sewing the binding down on the back because I was roasting!



1 comment:

Patti said...

Very nice quilt! I should dig our some of my plaids, thanks for posting it.