Monday, August 1, 2022

Cattle Drive :: A Finish

 Despite the help from my "quilt tester," Ms. Boo, I was able to get the binding finished on this shop sample. She just loves this quilt for some reason and insisted on sleeping on it in my lap while I finished the binding. I'll have to get the lint roller to this before I hang it up at the shop!

Cattle Drive Shop Sample Quilt Front

Cattle Drive Shop Sample Quilt Back

It finishes at 54" by 65" - a great lap/throw size. The pattern is Quilters Palette by Villa Rosa Designs. Yep, it's one of their postcard patterns. You could use a panel in the center but if it is "standard" size (24" wide) then you would need to add some borders on the long sides to it to make it large enough for the center section.

If you go back and look at my previous post on this quilt, and you look closely, you'll notice that I did fix the center section. I just couldn't bring myself to make the backing and get it quilted the way it was. I finally realized that the reason for my procrastination was that I didn't like the center section with the alteration we had to do because the center fabric was cut wrong initially. You might also notice that the finished size is different too. In my previous post I used the finished measurements from the pattern. In this post I used the actual finished size from the quilt. I need to let them know that the finished size printed on the pattern is wrong.

I will be kitting this up and listing the kits in my online shop next week. The fabrics are already listed. I used the Sundance collection for this quilt. If you want me to let you know when the kits are available you can leave me comment with your email address or a way to contact you and I will let you know. Or you can email my shop directly at AlamosaQuiltCompany@gmail.com.



No comments: