Thursday, October 27, 2022

Crimson Tweed Update

 Last weekend I had a small SIYOB Retreat at my shop. SIYOB stands for Sleep In Your Own Bed. I got to work on my Crimson Tweed the whole time, except when I was helping customers.

My Crimson Tweed quilt with quilting in progress

I started quilting the center snowflake block. When the retreat started I had less than a 1/4 of that block quilted. Now I have about 1/4 left to go. See below for a detail shot of this section.

detail photo of the quilting I have done thus far

Seed stitching is slow going but I really like the effect. This is going to take a while, which is why I decided that every Thursday afternoon at my shop is hand sewing group. That may be the only time I get to work on this but eventually it will be done if I stick with it!