Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sewing Room Makeover Update and a New Project

The other fabric baskets I ordered arrived yesterday. I just got more of the same lagoon colored ones I ordered previously.


I'm not sure having my fabric hidden in baskets is a good idea, but I prefer the cleaner look and these baskets fit better on my shelves than the clear ones I originally planned to use. I did not take the time to sort through and neatly fold my fabric yesterday as I transferred it into the fabric baskets, so I still need to do that. I'd like to pull out older fabrics and either use them myself or pass them along to someone else who will.

This leads to my new project in which I am using three older fabrics from my stash. The program on Saturday after my guild meeting is going to be making Arrowhead blocks. Here are the three fabrics I'm using, a colorful cat print, a rainbow stripe, and a purplish-blue tone-on-tone print.


The pattern calls for two yards of two fabrics. I had two yards of the cat print, but not enough of anything that would complement the cat print. I plan to learn the technique with these fabrics and make the quilt as a donation quilt. So you have these blocks to look forward to seeing next week!

In other news, I have almost three sides of the binding sewn on Mom's Mystery quilt. It's looking good that I'll be able post a finished UFO on Friday!

3 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Though it's nice to look at your fabrics, these bins will be easier to keep tidy for sure. Although, you will have to be on the look out for that gremlin that comes and plays in your stash while you sleep!

Deborah said...

Love, love, love the cat fabric! Can't wait to see an arrowhead block. I don't know what that is.
Your new room is looking pretty sharp. You go girl!! Another finished UFO!! YIPEE!!
Deborah

Mama Pea said...

I struggle with the same thing with fabric storage. I like the clean look of the solid colored bins, but then I forget what I have. I'll be interested to see how you do with that and what things you learn to share with the rest of us. I'm jealous you'll have a finish to show us on Friday. I haven't touched a UFO in a LONG time!