Saturday, July 9, 2011

Feedsacks

Some years ago a neighbor gave me a small moving box full of feedsacks. They were in pretty good shape considering how poorly they had been cared for. They were fun to work with and I made a few quilts with them, but they really aren't my style so I soon got tired of them. I sold some and traded some but I still have some bits left.


I found them during my recent sewing room makeover. One of the bags not pictured above is a bag of small scraps.


I played this these a little yesterday morning and made two pin cushion tops. I've even got one of them already hand quilted.


I'm not sure why I chose to play with these yesterday. Probably because they were handy and I haven't seen them in several years.

I'll try to dig up some pictures of the projects I made with these feedsacks and show you those tomorrow or Monday.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love anything old and feedsacks fit right in there. I also love the 1930's prints and have a bunch of those, no feedsacks yet. :o)
I'm looking forward to seeing you on the new blog, "Celebrate! Big Girl Pants." I think it is going to be a lot of fun! I'm also following you now.
Happy Quilting!
Deborah