Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Camp

Recently I won a Glamp kit from Amanda of the Quilted Fish for her Summer Camp program. My kit came this week.


Now I've got to make my Glamp and email Amanda a picture by Aug. 11th. I have two ideas: (1) a boy version for my son to match his Cub Scout quilt I made him last year.


Or (2) one for my new sewing room. I could use more light in here. I've got company coming tomorrow for the next week so I won't be able to work on my Glamp (or anything else) until next weekend. I should also let you know that I'm writing a pre-post or two, but don't expect to hear from me much next week.

The same day my Glamp kit arrived the border fabric I ordered for my disappearing four patch quilt arrived.


This fabric and all the printed fabrics in my Disappearing Four Patch quilt are Quilted Fish fabrics. This isn't really important, just interesting because the Summer Camp program is also being put on by the Quilted Fish.

Since my Lily is at the sewing machine hospital in Colorado Springs right now, I pulled out my Featherweight to finish up the Sweet Divinity Disappearing Four Patch.


She's not new or fancy, but sews beautifully. I'm so glad I have another machine now! Thanks Mom!

The completed top turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.


I had enough of the border print so I cut the binding from it too. I'm going to try to do something interesting with the back using the aqua and white solids and the little bit of left over prints I have. That will have to wait until after our guests leave too.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Fun! I am waiting for my glamp to arrive.

Deborah said...

The Disappearing 4 patch turned out so cute!
Deborah

Mama Pea said...

Can't wait to see what you do with our glamp. I went shopping for some supplies today and couldn't decide what to buy. I decided I needed to go home and figure out more carefully what I'm doing. Sigh.

I really love how your disappearing 4-patch turned out.

I'm getting set up for my Friday giveaway and picked something up with you in mind. I hope you win it!

Stephanie