Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pre-Trip Project

Before leaving on our trip last week I needed an iPad cover. The first one I made went to my mom since she went on a trip in February.

I followed the same patterns but this time I added handles. Both sides are the same. I was in a hurry. I did make this one about a quarter of an inch wider than the first one so the iPad slides in easier with the cover attached.


I like the idea of handles and these handles work well. However, they were not the easiest to attach. Truth be told, they were a real pain to attach! If I make another one of these I'm going to have to rethink the handles.

This bag has no raw edges inside. If I had assembled it as two pieces (front and back) instead of four (two outside pieces and two lining pieces) these handles would have been much easier to attach.  

3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your cover. I would have wanted the handles too. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep those in mind if I ever make one.

Rosa said...

Love your covers ,are very nice!

Mama Pea said...

Your bag looks good. I can see why the handles would be helpful. I know you....you'll come up with a great idea for simplifying the handles. :-)