Friday, May 4, 2012

Oh My Stars! Progress

I have finished all fifteen of the 12" stars and all twenty-eight of the 8" stars!


I had a hard time getting far enough away from my design wall in my tiny sewing room to get a good picture of them all.

Now on to the 4" stars. I made eight little stars weeks ago and have sixty more to make. I cut out the white background fabric for all sixty and star parts for twenty. I got only three made this week, the bottom three in the photo below.


If you are interested in making your own version of the Oh My Stars! quilt, all of the tutorials can be found here or by clicking on the Oh My Stars! button in the right hand column of my blog.

In other news, I'm enjoying my new job at my LQS, Heartstrings and Heirlooms. At work on Wednesday I was snooping through baskets and found some key fob kits. I promptly purchased a selection for myself!


Yesterday I made up one for myself to hold my store key. I plan to make up the rest to have on hand for quick little gifts or maybe even a door prize for my quilt guild.




7 comments:

Jackie said...

Boy oh boy do u produce!!

Fran said...

That is so inspiring, I love the colours in the stars!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your stars. Fran is right...you are so inspiring. I can't believe you are doing this, but glad you are because I love how this quilt is looking!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the joy-joy colors on all of these happy stars! How will the various size block be put together?? I should look at that tutorial, I suppose.

Applause!!!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The stars are beautiful. Congrats on your new "candy store" job.

Mama Pea said...

I really love how your blocks are turning out! Wowee!!! Glad you are loving your job. I think key fobs are pretty fun and very rewarding!

Linda said...

Stars are looking awesome!!! Really loving the colors.