Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thanks Mom!

I got a nice box from my mom recently. First she sent me some fun yarns.


I can see these couched onto an art quilt in a variety of ways. They will be fun to play with.

She also sent me some fabric to use as backs for charity quilts.


One of the ways I can afford to make so many charity quilts is that my mom sends me such cute sale fabrics from her local Hancock's (not the one in Paducah) and Hobby Lobby. There are seven 1.5 yard cuts (or larger) in this stack. I'll just show my two favorites.



The cats are cotton and Superman is flannel. I'll be starting a new charity quilt soon. One these seven fabrics will go on the back.


3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Good stuff there! Go, Mom!!!! What cool backing fabrics. And yes, my first thought on the yarn was, "What good couching yarns!"

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Your mom is so sweet and generous, the yarns are great, and I love the kitty fabric.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your mom is a gem! What great gifts!