Friday, July 31, 2015

Spooky's Trendy Tote

I posted my start of this tote on July 17th. Click here to read that one. It didn't turn out like I planned so I haven't put handles on it yet.


I ran out of the blue thread I was using. There isn't any where local that sells this thread right now so I had to finish with Aurifil, color 2000.



My goodness these totes use a lot of thread! The two white spools on the left were the blue. I had an almost full bobbin and about 3/4 spool of thread plus an unused second spool.  The two orange spools on the right were the Aurifil, color 2000. The large one was about half full when I started the tote. The small spool was also about half full but I also had a full bobbin stashed with the small spool. As you can see, I barely had enough thread to finish!

I wasn't real happy with how it turned out since I ran out of thread. It isn't bad, but not what I planned. I left it next to my sewing machine while I decided what kind of handles I wanted to use. I planned to use pre-made ones but was second guessing that choice. I came back to this.



Spooky has claimed this one for herself and I've decided to let her have it. I probably won't put handles on it now. The inside is slowly turning black from cat hair.



She loves it though.



It doesn't seem to matter where I put it in my sewing room. She finds it and curls up for a nap.


I'm glad someone appreciates it, even that some is a feline someone!


5 comments:

AnnieQuilts said...

Awhile ago I bought cat beds made with this technique but wrapped in fabric. (from a store, not a craft fair). They love them! Spooky just can't help it LOL.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Spooky should definitely have that bag as her own! :0)

quiltonia said...

I think she has staked her claim. Very cute for a cat-napper.

Gene Black said...

Spooky obviously knows what she likes.

Mama Pea said...

I really like how this turned out with the stripes. Neat! Sorry you weren't happy with it, but I'm happy it worked out for Spooky. It makes you feel better to have it serve a worthwhile function. :-)