Monday, March 28, 2016

Denim One Hour Basket

I recently purchased a few bolts of printed denim from Art Gallery Fabrics for my shop. I needed to make a one hour basket class sample so I decided to try out the printed denim.


The verdict: I love it! This is not jeans weight denim. It is a light weight denim that is very nice to work with. It is a little heavier (just barely) than regular quilting cotton but not as heavy as home dec weight fabrics. It is 54"-60" wide. I didn't find that it needed a denim needle. I just used my usual 80/12 universal needle with no problems.

There are several more prints in the denim line and as money allows I plan to get them all.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love that basket. Seriously, only one hour?

Gene Black said...

The bag looks great. I have never seen that type of denim. It is very nice.

Mama Pea said...

That fabric looks great, and I love the basket. Might have to get me some of that fabric!