Monday, March 14, 2016

Panel Pillowcase

One of my fabric reps. gave me a great idea recently. Use a panel to make a pillowcase. The very next day I took one of the two panels I currently have in my shop and made it up into a pillowcase.

Here is the panel:


And this is the pillowcase:


The panel is the main body of the pillowcase and I used two companion prints for the accent strip and cuff. Panels are usually 24" wide but the pillowcase pattern I use calls for 27" for the main body. To compensate I cut my cuff fabric 12" wide instead of the usual 9". A regular size pillow still fits nicely inside.

So there you go ... another way to use a panel besides in a quilt.


3 comments:

Gene Black said...

That is a clever idea. Be sure you thank that fabric rep.

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a great idea. We make lots of pillowcases for charity. I'll have to tell the ladies about this.

Mama Pea said...

I love this idea! Very creative! I also love that particular panel. Elsa would love that! What is the fabric?