Wednesday, March 9, 2016

French Knot Insanity

Earlier this week I showed you my first block from the Splendid Sampler. Today I'm showing you my progress on one of the Splendid Sampler bonus blocks.


This is the heart pin cushion bonus project. I'm using one of my Sue Spargo Eleganza variegated size 8 perle cottons for this.


These threads are just gorgeous. When you see them individually they are very pretty, but when you see them all together in the display they are just stunning. I'm so glad I didn't try to pick and choose. Waiting until I could afford the whole collection with the display was so worth it!


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMG I can't imagine making all those French knots. I'm sure it will be beautiful when finished. I just don't have the patience. Love all those threads!

Sandy H said...

Looking at that display made me drool! I have four of those variegateds--they really are gorgeous although I find they can be a little tricky to work with as they're so "bouncy," which is the only way I can describe it. But once you get the feel for it they're really wonderful. I'm hoping all those French knots really a re giving you some zen!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, what a beautiful display! I bet it is such a treat to be able to go up and grab one when you need one! Very pretty color you are using!