Thursday, December 16, 2021

2021 2nd Saturday Sampler Version 3 :: A Finish

 This is the second quilt I quilted with my new Q20 sit-down machine. I used a ruler to quilt wavy lines across it.

2021 BOM version 3

quilting close-up

Yes, I probably could have done this design without a ruler, but I wanted to experiment with using a ruler on my new machine. Worked great! And the best part is that I can use my regular Bernina ruler foot (#72 foot) on my Q20.

For the back I found this fun print in my stash that complemented my color scheme on the front.

back of quilt

This quilt will be donated to my local hospital for the oncology department. It finished at about 40" by 50".

This is the third version of this quilt I have made. It was made as part of the 2nd Saturday Sampler Club I have at my shop. It's a block of the month program I run through the shop. Soon I will have the first version of the 2022 2nd Saturday Sampler Club project done and ready for quilting. This year I will be opening sign-ups to anyone. The patterns will be emailed to you so you don't have to be local to participate. The cost will be just $25 and there is no kit or fabric purchase required. I will be recommending that you purchase a single fabric for the background and a 1/2 yard of a dark fabric for another part of the quilt, but these are just recommendations not requirements. All the details, along with a sign-up link, will be in the post in which I reveal the top. Hopefully that will be happening before the end of this year. The 2022 program will not begin until March 12, 2022 so there will be plenty of time to sign up.



No comments: