Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Queen's Jubilee

 One of the fun things about owning a quilt shop is that I get to see LOTS of fabrics that are available for me to order and pre-order for my shop. Last week I had a couple of sales reps come to see me and one of them is my rep. for Lewis & Irene fabrics. She showed me their Queen's Jubilee collection and I fell in love. Unfortunately, I didn't have the budget to order it for my shop. I asked her if she had sold this line to any of her other customers and she had. The shop Gathering Stitches in Bosque Farms, New Mexico (a little south of Albuquerque) bought the entire collection. After my sales rep. left I got online and did some personal shopping. It arrived yesterday!

Queen's Jubliee fabrics

If you would like some too I'm sure the ladies at Gathering Stitches would be happy to hook you up. You will find these fabrics in their Novelty Fabrics section. The link in the previous sentence will take you directly to page 2 of their Novelty Fabrics section. Scroll down just a bit and you will see these gorgeous fabrics along with a few others from the collection that I didn't purchase.

If you do decide to purchase some of these fabrics there is a "notes" box on the check out page. Leave them a note letting them know Lynn from Alamosa Quilt Company sent you to their website. I had a nice email exchange with one of the owners, Kristin, when I placed my order. I left a note telling her that our mutual sales rep. let me know where to purchase these fabrics.

I have no idea what I will make with these but I just had to have some for myself! For now I'm going to pet them and wish the Queen a happy Jubilee. Love her or hate her, 75 years is a long time to be in any position and worth celebrating!



No comments: