Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Stitched Pin Cushions

 I have been playing around more with my "Kanwandiko" stitching. I am leaning toward the name "stitched meditations" now or "mindful stitching" instead of a weird, made-up word. I have finally perfected my technique to one that is more my own rather than following someone else's ideas. Here are the few I have made so far.

Blue stitched meditations pin cushion

Red stitched meditations pin cushion

The two above are now finished pin cushions.

Completed blue and red pin cushions

These two below are just stitched but have not yet been turned into completed pin cushions.

Purple stitched meditation pin cushion

Solid fabrics stitched meditation pin cushion

The one above I made using only solids. I thought I would like it more than I do. Maybe if I had just used a single color of fabrics in various shades I would like it better. I'll try that at some point. Or maybe I it's the white thread I don't like. I could have used a different color thread for each fabric. Maybe I'll try that too at some point.



No comments: