Friday, June 17, 2022

Westalee Ruler Quilting

 Linda took the very first Westalee ruler quilting class I taught at my shop several years ago. Since that class she has finished more older UFO projects than I can count and taken quite a few virtual classes through Sew Steady University. Linda is participating in the 2022 2nd Saturday Sampler Block of the Month through my shop and she is doing hers quilt as you go style and quilting the blocks with her Westalee rulers. These are the last blocks she brought in to share with me.

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

Linda's 2nd Saturday Sampler Blocks

There are 12 "blank" blocks in the finished quilt. Linda is quilting each of the "blank" blocks with a different design. I am really looking forward to seeing her quilt when it is finished!

Nancy has also really taken to the Westalee rulers! She took the ... And Beyond! class from Donelle McAdams through Sew Steady University. This is her finished class project.

Nancy's And Beyond Quilt

The ... And Beyond class is a great second class to take for ruler quilting. This is a 9 part class. The first three sessions cover the piecing part and the last 6 sessions cover how to quilt it. It's a great class! All Sew Steady University classes are yours to watch as many times as you need. And when you buy it through the link I provide I get a small kick back.



No comments: