Friday, September 10, 2010

A Finished Project and another Ornament Test

The kitten did not allow me to finish sewing the binding on my wonky court house steps the other night. However, I was able to finish yesterday morning during her nap.


I'm pretty please with how it turned out. I foresee more wonky piecing in my future.

I ordered this years Quilting Arts Gifts magazine. It has several cute projects and I am auditioning one of them for this years ornament. I know I have made several other ornaments already, but none of them really grab me. I think this one will be it though.


The project, as published, is to make 24 houses, each numbered on the back, as an Advent Calendar. There is a small pocket on the back of the house body so you can put a small gift or treat inside. I am planning to put the child's name on the pocket instead of a number and put a gift card or cash in the pocket.

And here is another Goldie picture. Also taken last night. She finally caught that darn tail that torments her by following her everywhere!

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Hi Lynn, I love that magazine and their Christmas gift ideas. I will have to look at B and N for it. Where did you order it in case I can't find it? I have been wanting to make an advent calendar like the one we had when we were kids (my mom made it). I have been searching high and low for the pattern and can't find it. Nothing else is grabbing me. But I like this idea very much.

I really like how your quilt turned out. I want that book and really want to try the wonky piecing after seeing what you've done. Thanks for sharing your process.

Again, adorable cat.

Sandy H said...

I have to say, I've really been appreciating your pics of Goldie. My cat of 13 years, Pogo, passed away in July and I've been putting off getting a new kitty--at first because I wasn't ready, then because I was on the road too much. Since I've now started to have images of kittens popping into my head at random moments I'm thinking I may have a new little furry something in my life soon. Meanwhile, your pics are getting me through!