Thursday, September 9, 2010

Retail Therapy

I was in a bit of a funk this morning. Nothing major, just several things that didn't go my way. I was driving past my LQS, The Gray Goose, and decided to stop. I didn't need anything, but check out this awesome fabric I bought.


I decided that what would cheer me up was new napkins. Pretty sad when new napkins makes you happy, but hey, whatever works! So I cut squares. I have found that 18" squares make a good size napkin for my family.


Then I pressed all the edges over 1/4" and then 1/4" again.


Then sew all the way around and you have new napkins.


I'm going to make new placemats to go with our new napkins, but I'll do that another day. Below is the rest of my retail therapy purchases.


I've got other fabrics that I think will go with these to make some really fun placemats. There is a companion print to the utensil fabric that is various colored retro tea cups. It is also really great, but it is on a white background. The first time we used that fabric with pizza they would be stained and that would just make me grumpy again. So I need to use something that won't show stains as easily, because they will get stained.

And just because my house is overflowing with kitten cuteness, I thought I'd share some with you.


Goldie loves this scratching post. It has a toy at the top. This photo was taken after about an hour of hard playing.

2 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

That is very cheerful fabric! We really should use cloth napkins, too. I just can't see spending the money. Your way is much better!

Stephanie in Michigan said...

I love the fabric you picked out and that you went right home and made the napkins. Nice going. I go to the quilt store now and then when I'm in a funk, too. Just to cheer myself up. I think your placemats will be fantastic...those colors will go great.

I have to say, that's one cute kitten, and I'm not much of a kitten person. She has the prettiest coloring and the sweetest face!