Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wonky New York Beauty

My art group met today. We made wonky NY beauty blocks. Well, I made about 1 1/2 blocks but have foundations and fabric to make more for homework.



We may have finally settled on a name for ourselves, the Sew Silly Sisters (or Sisterhood).

I am still working on my mystery project. I'll show you another photo.


Five of the pieces are quilted and the sixth is about half quilted. When I finish the quilting, I'll be ready to move on to the next step. I'll give you a hint: this is quilted, but it is not going to be a quilt.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Hmmmm...Is your mystery project a bag of some sort? :-)

I love your New York Beauties! They are beautiful! I love the work you do with solids. I need to give that a try. I have always wanted to do a New York Beauty. I have a kit from Fons and Porter to do one, but for some reason I am intimidated to make it!

I went to my quilt guild meeting here last night...I just joined. They are called the Log Cabin Quilters. I have to make a log cabin block nametag. They gave us a paper piecing pattern for it (it's small, as you might guess). I was thinking of redoing it as a wonky log cabin block. Have you made one of those before? I don't know how to do the wonky piecing yet.

Have a good one!

Deanna said...

I guess bag, too. It has that look to it.