Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wonky New York Beauty, Part 2

I finished making the four wonky New York Beauty blocks for my homework project.


I did not enjoy piecing these as much as I enjoyed the other wonky blocks I've made. The only real difference is that these are foundation pieced and the others were not. So maybe that is why I didn't enjoy these as much.

I have put my blocks together.


I am thinking about what kind of border this needs, if any. So I haven't squared this up yet because I don't know what my next step will be. My sewing time is up for today so that will have to wait for another day.

I also cut up some of the fabric I was given recently. I have two charity quilts cut out that will be Leader and Ender projects.

The Clifford quilt.


Just from today's sewing session, I pieced about two-thirds of the Clifford squares to short red rectangles. At this rate I will have the top done in no time!

The Winnie the Pooh quilt.


And a Goldie picture.


A cats favorite place to lay is on whatever quilt you are working on! These are the fabrics for my Wonky NY Beauty blocks.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Lynn, I have so much to say! I'll go in reverse order. Goldie is so cute on all that fabric. And look at how organized your fabric is behind her! Your charity quilts will be so cute. Look how great all that fabric goes together. I can't wait to see how you put them together.

On the wonky blocks....looooove it! I love how the pieces are put together with that sashing. very effective. And I like how the sashing pieces almost give it a "shadow" effect. I am curious, do you like paper piecing as a general rule, or not? Is that why you didn't enjoy that part? Or is it just the wonky paper piecing you don't like? I'm just curious because I really like paper piecing. You know the log cabin block I have to piece for my nametag for the guild? I was thinking of redrawing it wonky and paper piecing it (since the block and pieces are so small...). Just wondering about your impressions. I am thinking of getting some Kona solids to do it with, too. I really like what you are doing with the solids and it is giving me the itch to play!