Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mystery Revealed

I finished my mystery project this morning. Those of you who guessed "bag" were on the right track. This is the outside.


This is the inside. I used left over strips from my king size bed quilt project on the inside.


So what is this? Meet Velma, my Singer Featherweight.


This is a quilted cover for her case. She was very excited to try it on!


It fits perfectly!


I got the pattern out of the current issue (October/November 2010) of Quilter's Home Magazine.


The project is featured on the cover. It was not hard to make, but not what I would call a fast project. I am planning to make one for my mom for Christmas but I wanted to try out the pattern first. I don't think my mom is a regular blog reader, but if you are mom, just forget about this entry!

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

That is so cool! I have always wanted a featherweight, but I've had a hard time justifying it when I have 5 machines already (my big sewing machine, my little class machine, my embroidery machine, my serger, and my treadle machine)...but I still want one really bad! I was always thinking that it would be scary to carry one of those by the handle on the black case. This seems like just the solution! I will have to pick up that magazine, because I do like it. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa ;-) said...

I love it! I want a quilted cover, too!!