Saturday, September 18, 2010

Silver Threads Quilt Show

I think this may be the only underground quilt show in the world. The show is held in the community center in Creede, CO. It doesn't look like much from the outside.


The husbands of the guild members serve lunch in the covered porch area outside the show. I had a wonderful potato soup with ham and mushrooms and an apple bacon sandwich.

I wasn't bowled over by any quilt in particular in the show. So I just took pictures of the quilts that caught my eye for various reasons.

These first two were from their guild challenge.





This doll house quilt was just darling! The front of the house was on the back of the quilt.


To see the large quilts you have to walk through the unfinished mine section of the community center where the show is held.



The vendors are in a separate area next to the community center. It is in the garage of the local fire station.


Inside there are bays excavated out for the trucks to park. The vendors set up in the truck bays. So what did I buy?

Some rubbing plates and stencils to use with my Paintstiks.


Some wool beads. They were 50% off and I just couldn't resist.


A pattern and kit to make some zipper pouches. I saw this pattern on somebody's blog and seriously considered ordering it. I'm glad I waited.


I had planned to avoid buying fabric, however, that didn't work out very well.



These half yard bundles come from a store in Nebraska, Material Girl Fabrics. When I saw all the Kaffe Fassett fabrics I knew I was in trouble! Oddly, I didn't buy any Kaffe fabric though.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my....I loved the tour and how unique. What a way to keep the men busy instead of just sitting and waiting.

Love our purchases.

Sandy H said...

I was just fondling that same zipper pouch pattern this afternoon, LOL. I stopped by a quilt shop I'd never been to before and they had the patterns with some bundles of precuts with coordinated zippers you could buy for $5 to make one of the pouches. I debated for a bit, and ultimately decided not to get it. You'll have to let me know how it goes. And what a great, unique location for a quilt show!

Mama Pea said...

You picked out some great fabrics. I think I might have that same pattern for the zipper pouches too. I cannot resist patterns for little pouches. (I think it's related to my fetish for plastic storage containers. Maybe I should just say I have a fetish for storage containers. That's more accurate.) I love that doll house quilt and the very first quilt with the aspen trees. That seems like a really cool community center and fire station. How clever. I also love it that the husbands kept busy with lunch. My hubby would like that. It sounds like they made the perfect fall lunch, too!

Lisa ONeill said...

What a great show venue - thanks so much for a great post!