Friday, February 26, 2010

Make Your Own Cross Stitch Patterns

As promised, the program I found for designing my own cross stitch patterns is called Artopik. Click on the name and it will take you to the home page. Towards the top of the page you will see the word "download." Click on this. At the top of this page it says "Artopik 1.50," click this and follow the instructions to download and install it. You can use this for cross stitch or embroidery or anything that can be made up of little squares. You can print your patterns out in color or black and white using various symbols. If you do plan to print out your pattern I suggest you set your printer to give you a preview before actual printing. I found that I needed to adjust the print size and/or change from portrait orientation to landscape orientation in order to get my design all on one page. It would probably be pretty easy to tape your pages together if your design doesn't fit on one page, but why do this if you don't have to.

Parker is just making designs and printing them out in color then cutting them out and using them for various projects. He has become obsessed with Stuart Little. Stuart is now living with us and he has made him a bed, some books and a bookcase, so far. He is using some of the designs he has made with this program to decorate things for Stuart. It is really cute but also exhausting because I have to be the voice of Stuart and Snowbell and Margalo and Darth Vadar and Luke Skywalker (obvious what movies we have seen lately), in addition to myself, all at the same time!!! He and I went to the grocery store recently and I was being the voices for all these characters while shopping. I'm sure people who overheard our conversation must have thought we were crazy, but I couldn't worry about that. It took all my concentration to just do my shopping and keep track of who I was from minute to minute. But I digress ...

Happy Designing!!

No comments: