Saturday, February 27, 2010

What's in a Name?

If you are reading this you may notice that I have changed the name of my blog. I never really liked "the Last Homely Quilt." It is an obscure Lord of the Ring and The Hobbit reference. If you haven't read the books several times, you probably won't get it. The name came about because I had been thinking about blogging for some time before I started. One day the quote "it's the job that's never started that takes the longest to finish" popped into my head. The quote is from The Fellowship of the Ring (first book in the Lord of the Ring series) and is made by a character called Samwise Gamgee. This got me to thinking about the books so when I had to name my blog I couldn't think of anything else. Why didn't it occur to me to just name it the same as the blog address? I don't know! This blog may end up being something like Bilbo's Red Book in that respect. He gave his book several names over the course of writing it. In the end Frodo finishes up most of the book and gives it a new title before passing it along to Sam. If you haven't read the books, you should.

No comments: