Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Modern Monday Quilt Along

Jenifer of Forty-Two Quilts is hosting a new quilt along. Actually it's two quilt alongs in one. There is Modern Monday and Traditional Tuesday. It started this week so it's not too late to get in on the action. The first blocks were posted this week, Block 1 of Modern Monday and Block 1 of Traditional Tuesday.

I am participating only in the Modern Monday QA. I made my first block yesterday.


My color scheme is gray plus a color. For this weeks block I used medium gray and raspberry. I have a few grays I plan to use along with whatever color I feel like using each week. I am considering making two blocks each week and switching the colors for the second block. For example, my second block 1 would have a raspberry background and a medium gray cross. I'm not sure I want to make this quilt that large though. However, I could make two quilts or make it reversible. It's just the first week so I'm not too worried about making that decision just yet.

My art group also met yesterday. Below is what I accomplished.


It doesn't look like much I know. But just wait. The little picture is my inspiration for this project.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Can't wait to see this little picture remade!
Happy Quilting!

Mama Pea said...

Cool! Love it! I will enjoy watching your progress on this!