Friday, September 30, 2011

UFO Bust Report - Wonky NY Beauty

Another finish this week - aaahhh! This quilt started out as an exercise in my art group. The exercise was foundation piecing. I don't like the colors I used and I didn't do a good job of foundation piecing. See what I mean below.


I'm not really sure what happened but there are several places like the one above that didn't get sewn all the way during piecing. I tried to fix it with the quilting.


I used hot pink Signature 40 wt. thread on the sun and rays. I used a blue variegated Signature 40 wt. on the rest. I also learned that I don't like pebbles done with variegated thread.


It doesn't look too bad in photos or from a distance, but up close, YUCK. Oh well. It's done.


Hop over to Susan's to see what the other Little Green Quilters have done this week.


13 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love this block. The colors are great and the way you quilted it is fantastic. Looking at the finished piece you would never tell you had a problem. I wish I lived where you do and could be in your art group!

Linda said...

Just gorgeous quilting, Lynn! I love the contrast of the pebbling with the straight line quilting. Very striking!

Ullan tilkut said...

Hi! I love it! :)

Bonnie said...

I love this quilt. The colors and quilting are gorgeous. I know that I could find a wall to hang it on. Beautiful quilt.

Deborah said...

Me? I love it!! Really kewl.
Deborah

Gill said...

I love this!

Jan said...

Very cool little quilt!

Barbara Anne said...

Way to go Lynn! Those sharp points are excellent as are your colors and the design! Well done!!

Applause, applause!

Laurie said...

i think you're being too hard on yourself - i really like it :) have a grand weekend - laurie

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I agree with Laurie. That is gorgeous, and I can't see a thing wrong with it.

scarlett said...

I get what you mean about the pebbling but still, this is absolutely stunning! Could I please have pinkie's worth of your talent?

Jen said...

What a fabulous finish! Don't beat yourself up becuase it's not perfect. It looks very lovely and very hard to do! Congrats!

quilthexle said...

Sorry to hear you're not too happy with it - to me, it looks just great! The quilting compliments it lovely, well done!