Friday, September 16, 2011

UFO Bust Report - Puzzle Quilt Finished

I finished the Puzzle Quilt this week. Yay!



It turned out very cute, if I do say so myself! And the backing fabric is just great.


You probably will need to click on the photo above so that you can tell that the print is puzzle pieces. I bought the fabric online so I didn't know exactly how large (or small) the printed puzzle pieces are. My original plan was to quilt this from the back by outlining the printed puzzle pieces. Well...those pieces are about 1/2"! So on to quilting plan B which was just to meander. Nothing special but it was good practice for me since I hadn't done this pattern on Hattie yet. I plan to give the quilt away to a charity so I didn't want to invest much more time in it but still do something appropriate for the piecing pattern. The finished quilt measures 52" by 68".

And then there were three! I've only got three projects left on my UFO list! I was going to start on the Spring Panel but I couldn't find it. Then I started having a vague memory of giving it away. After a day or two I realized that I quilted it up about 2 years ago and gave it away as a gift but never took it off my list. So yay for me because that means I get to cross two things off the list this week.

Head over to Susan's blog, Blackberry Creek Home Arts, to see what the other Little Green Quilters have been up to this week.


The giveaway winner will be announced soon in a separate post.

8 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

It really turned out great!!!

Barbara Anne said...

Well done on finishing this cute quilt and to being down to just a couple of UFOs. I have UFO completion envy!

Cheers!

Jen said...

Yay for a finish! It turned out so cute and will make a special charity quilt. Congrats on your second "finish" too! LOL. You're making a ton of progress on your list. How many did you start with? I need to kick it up a notch!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congrats on the finish. It's great.

Linda said...

Applause!!! Awesome finish!! I really like the stippling allover too. Perfect quilting!!

Deb said...

Congratulations on the finish!!

Mama Pea said...

Great job on this! It really turned out great! And what a great find for the back!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Fabulous!!! great finish! and thank you SOOOO Much for you your efforts! It means so much to the family who will receive it!