Friday, April 22, 2022

Vintage Camper Sewing Machine Cover

 I had these in 2020 in turquoise and they sold out quickly. The fabric company decided to offer it again, but changed the turquoise to red for the re-release. Below is a photo of the original one that I made up to cover one of the Bernina 930 machines I have in the classroom at my shop.

Sewing Machine Cover Turquoise

Unfortunately, the turquoise color way is no longer available, but the red color way shown below just arrived.

Sewing Machine Cover Red

As you can see, it's a pre-printed panel with the instructions printed right on the fabric. All you have to do is cut it out and sew it together. It will make two sizes of cover. The large cover measures 17.5" by 12.5" by 8" and the small cover measures 15.5" by 11" by 7". Both sizes are printed on each panel and cut lines are clearly marked for each size. You simply decide which size your machine needs and cut on the appropriate lines. The sewing instructions are the same for both sizes. My Bernina 930 needed the smaller size.

Sewing Machine Cover Red

As you can see by comparing the photos, the only difference between the two is that the camper is red with white polka dots instead of turquoise. If you want one of these you better act fast, Vintage Camper Sewing Machine Cover. The turquoise ones sold out in just a couple weeks. I already looked to see if I can reorder these, but nope. What I have is what I have and that will be that.

Full Disclosure: On the turquoise one I did use an iron-on interfacing just to give it a little more umph. I used ShapeFlex interfacing. This really isn't necessary, but it has held up nicely to lots of handling. 



No comments: