Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cub Scout Quilt progress and a surprise


More progress on the Cub Scout quilt. I have two of the four borders made (a short side and a long side) and the long side is already attached to the quilt. I wanted to make sure that my measurements were correct and that the borders would fit before making any more half-square triangles. Looks like everything is working out as it should so now I get to make the rest of the half-square triangles.

And look what came in the mail for me today. A belated Mother's Day gift.


The Amazon Wish List is a wonderful thing! As I see stuff I want I just put it in my list. When there is a gift occasion my husband just picks something from my list. I love getting exactly what I want and he loves not having to do much shopping!

This is a beautiful book. It is small, just 8" square, but 1.5" thick. The kind of book you can look at over and over and see something new every time. If you are looking for some nice quilty eye candy, this book would be perfect.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Congratulations on the quilt and the book. That makes a pretty banner sort of day, I'd say.

Stephanie in Michigan said...

Hi Lynn,

Great job on your quilt. It's looking really good! I love that your husband does that with your wish list. I may have to teach my husband that trick. Does your husband give lessons?

Stephanie