Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Birthday Purchases

I had a great birthday. Mostly I just relaxed. I went to my local quilt shop and was there for a long time visiting with friends and shopping. Here is what I got.

Kona solids, machine needles and Quilter's Tweed

close up of the quilter's tweed

The Quilter's Tweed bundles have been at my local quilt shot for several months. I had been coveting them and decided that my birthday was an excellent excuse to get a fat quarter bundle. I have no idea what I will do with this, I just needed to own some.

After the quilt shop I played online and fondled my purchases. We had Chinese take-out for dinner and I sewed binding on the Funky Santa quilt and watched a movie in the evening. Nice and relaxing - perfect!

My solids collection has grown so much recently that I need to do some rearranging of my fabric drawers so I can fit it all in! I'll have to do that another day because today's plan is to finish the painting on my son's new desk and closet we had installed recently. He is in school today and will go to a friend's house after school so I can get a lot of painting done with minimal interruptions. The husband is skiing today and tomorrow so I don't even have him to work around. It's just Goldie and me today. She will not be happy with the painting because it will mean that she can't be with me most of the day. She is sweet but much too curious to be around wet paint!

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

You really do a good job picking out those solids. I wish we could go shopping together because you pick colors I wouldn't pick, but I like them so much in your work. I would follow your lead. (Guess I still could!)

I love that quilter's tweed. Glad you did a close up, because I was thinking, "I wish I could see that closer." That is really neat. I've never seen it before. It will be great for when you need some subtle texture. Glad you had such a great day.