Friday, January 7, 2011

First UFO Bust 2011 Report

As part of the UFO Bust I'm participating in (click on the button along the right hand side of my blog if you would like to read about it or play along), we are suppose to report on our progress on Fridays. So here is my report...

The label is going on my Funky Santa quilt!!


This is how I put my labels on when I don't piece them into the back. I sew two sides into the binding by machine and then hand stitch the other two sides down. Less hand applique this way! After I get the label all the way on, I just have a little more than one side of binding left to hand sew to the back. The sleeve is made, but won't get attached until I have done all the embellishing I want to do along the top of the quilt. Ahhh! Feels good to be so close to my first finish of the year.

In other news, while my afternoon got completely hijacked by work, when I got around to checking the mail there was a nice package waiting for me.


I ordered this fat quarter bundle of green Kona solids from Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works as part of my birthday spending spree. Isn't it lovely! I think my solids stash is now complete, for the moment anyway.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh yes....I just love your fat quarter bundle.

Mama Pea said...

Wow! Great fabrics! I love how you put your label on. That's a great idea. Less likely to get ripped off, too. (I've heard some stories about how people give a quilt to someone and someone takes your label off and puts their own on. Can you believe that?!)

I hope today was better at work. Sorry to hear it got hijacked again.

Your Funky Santa quilt is really looking good. I didn't post a UFO update today, because I had just posted my UFOs the other day. I've had NO sewing during the week. Back to only weekends. :-(

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Good idea for attaching labels. I don't think I've seen that done before. Love you Kona solids. I saw your mom at Walmart yesterday. She was buying chili fixings. So was I. All great minds, huh? Happy weekend, Lynn.