Sunday, January 2, 2011

Funky Santa Progress

I quilted on Funky Santa for at least 6 hours yesterday.

bottom left corner quilted

back of bottom left corner

I am almost out of the green thread I am using so I'm not sure how much farther I will get on this project today. You might be able to see in the first picture that I am not quilting the panel with the green thread so I hope to get that done today when I run out of green. I have some fushia thread that I bought from Connecting Threads that I will try out. I did not consciously avoid the center panel with the green thread. When I got all the way across the top with the quilting I realized that I was not quilting the center panel, in fact I had specifically avoided going onto the it, with the green thread. After thinking about that for a few minutes, I decided that this was a good plan. I will use a different thread and probably a different pattern.

To me, the panel sticks out because of the thin black border around it. You can see that in this photo.


I have some lime green eyelash yarn that I have thought about putting over the black border to give the panel a softer looking border. I'm also considering a little hand stitching on some of the appliques, specifically the snowflakes.

I was so excited about this project a year ago then other things came up and it didn't get finished. I set it aside and just couldn't get back in the groove with it, until now. I'm in love with it again. I think I may hang it up for a while in the dining room when I finish it, even though Christmas is passed.

And here is a Goldie photo from yesterday. She just looked so cute I had to grab my camera.

2 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Love your quilting!

Mama Pea said...

That really looks good, Lynn!!! Do you do any marking at all, or do you just go for it? The rest of your plan sounds awesome.