Thursday, August 21, 2014

August Scrap Group

I had 9 ladies attend my scrap group yesterday! I was worried that we wouldn't be able to fit that many in our small classroom, but we all fit just fine.



The project for this month was Half Square Triangle blocks. I posted photos of my two sample quilts previously. Click on these links to see photos: Half Square Triangle Sampler and Chevron.

Here are a couple of blocks that were finished yesterday.



Mary Ann also brought some of her completed Bird Dance blocks to show.


I had a second class yesterday afternoon - a free motion quilting class. We worked on practicing designs and coming up with specific ideas for how to quilt a paper pieced star quilt she has made. We were both so excited with what we came up with for her quilt! I can't wait to see how it turns out. She promised to bring it in to show me when it is finished. I'll be sure to take some photos when she does.

It probably goes without saying, but I didn't get to do any sewing yesterday. But it was a fun day at work!


2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

sorry I haven't been by in so long. Life hs been crazy! Looks like things are going great for you. Glad you are having such success with your small group. I need to finish my Bird Dance blocks....How is your Sue Spargo coming along?

Mama Pea said...

Some day I'll get my Bird Dance done. LOL