Monday, March 8, 2010

Childhood Milestone

 
Yesterday Parker made his own lunch for the first time. Here's the story.
About 10:50 am Parker announces that he is starving and asks when's lunch. I say not for at least another half hour. He and his dad begin working on building Lego items for Stuart (yes, Stuart Little Weathers is still living with us). About 11:30 am I ask Parker what he would like for lunch. He says that he's not hungry now. I am, so I fix my lunch. Just as I am sitting down with my lunch at 11:45 am, Parker announces that he is starving. I say "Sorry, you'll have to wait until I finish my lunch before I fix yours unless you want to fix it yourself." Parker decides that he will fix it himself. Tony and I decide that we are going to let him, as long as it doesn't involve a sharp knife or other potentially dangerous items. (I make all the bread for our family so making a sandwich usually involves slicing the bread. The loaf was almost gone so Parker just used the heel which did not require slicing.) The photos are the result. He fixed himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with grapes and a glass of water.

 

2 comments:

brooks1986 said...

for snack last Wednesday, Mrs. Price had them make PBJ's and then draw, write down the sequence...looks like Parker's got it down!

Lynn said...

Yes. He told us that Mrs. Price taught them how to make PBJs. He can't do anything silently, so we had to listen to the running commentary of what he was doing, how Mrs. Price showed them to do it, what comes next, blah, blah, blah ...