Monday, March 22, 2010

Great Minds Think Alike


I made this little quilt about 2 years ago with left over fabric from another quilt and some great buttons. Yesterday on one of the blogs I follow, Ruthann posted about a little quilt she made also using left over fabric from a quilt and these same buttons. Click here to go the her blog and see her quilt.

I'll have to look and see if I have a photo of the quilt these fabrics are left over from. I made it for a baby quilt contest put on by Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine. I didn't win, but had a good time designing and making my quilt.

3 comments:

Ruthann Logsdon Zaroff - Mirkwood Designs said...

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE this quilt! The pattern is so pretty, and those buttons are the perfect finishing touch. Obviously you and I have GREAT MINDS (and we do think alike!).

What block is that -- is it pieced or appliqued? I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing!
Ruthann (Mirkwood Designs)

Anonymous said...

Now, that is really cute! Well done! Stephanie in Michigan

Lynn said...

There is a pattern Ruthann, sort of. I'll have to write it first! Since I organized my sewing room recently it only took me two minutes to locate my template and the scribbled "pattern" I wrote for myself. It shouldn't take me take me too long to write it up. When I do, I'll post the pattern and leave a comment on your blog so you'll know to come look. It is applique.