Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pottery Shapes, Part 3

I'm still working on my pottery shapes piece. I really love the effect the hand stitching creates. I am using two strands of DMC floss on the shapes. I picked colors that closely match the fabric used. Since I cross stitch too, I have quite a stash of DMC floss. For the background I used three different variegated colors of 12 weight Sulky cotton. Here is a detail shot.

I still need to finish stitching the brown vase, the right most one. I'm not sure how I want to finish the edges, traditional binding, zig-zag stitch, pillowcase with another backing fabric and cover my stitches, ...

If you are interested in seeing the previous posts on this project, the "pottery shapes" category label will get you there.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I posted this on my blog and was going to e-mail it to you, but then when I clicked on your name, it took me to your blog. Cool! Can you tell I'm new to this? Anyway, here's what I posted:

I appreciate it! What's your blog, so I can check it out. :-) I am totally addicted to podcasts, too. I discovered them when Alex Anderson started hers, and now I listen to hers (when she posts them), Jean's, and Pat's regularly. Have you found Bonnie McCaffery's podcasts yet? They are video podcasts, and they are awesome! Bye for now, Stephanie

I love your pottery quilt. You obviously hand-stitch your quilting. Very impressive. I have a new blog to follow. ;-)

Kim said...

Lynn, the quilt is stunning! Being an addicted knitter, I haven't quilted, but seeing that makes me think about it.